Friday, August 11, 2006

 

You Know You're a Local When You Pay Taxes...

Well it's official...I'm official. I received my Tax File Number from the Australian Taxation Office this week. What does that mean? I CAN GET PAID, oh yeah, AND pay taxes. To further my official status in Australia these days, I received the census form in the mail last week and had to be counted as a non-resident residing in Sydney.






I will be running in the City 2 Surf 14K road race this weekend, along with about 60,000 other people (no, I won't be painting my body)


For those of you in Atlanta, it is similar to the annual Peachtree Road Race, but a little longer and it goes from the center of the city to Bondi Beach...just a little different than Piedmont Park. Like any race, there is a "heartbreak hill" along the route. The hyperlink above will take you to an interactive map of the race. It should be fun.

Last year I raced in far too many triathlons, lost a lot of weight and spent too many weekends on the road with my bike in tow. I'm taking a bit of a break this year...I'll do a couple when summer arrives, but right now it's the middle of winter and, I'm enjoying being a bit, well heavier (I've added a few more kilos/pounds mostly from beer...boy these Aussies can drink!), and more sedentary...you know me though, I can't sit still for long, hence the road race this weekend.

And lastly, here's Cooper (oh yeah, and my sister...it's been all about the baby lately) looking peaceful and happy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?