Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Snow in Sydney?...

It's not what you think, but yes, this is what it looked like for a while yesterday. We had an unbelievable hail-storm here yesterday that blanketed the city with a sheet of hail. Here at the Fairfax Digital offices, we have a metal roof, so sound of the hail was deafening...but I must say, amazing to watch.

While I didn't take any of these photos (I was too busy working/watching the hail out the window), the hill here is actually in my neighborhood of Surry Hills, a few minutes walk from the center of the city.

I was in a meeting yesterday where we were discussing the plans for Spring....in September! It truly is a bizarre experience to think of August, typically the hottest month in The States, as being Winter and September as Spring...it has taken me a while to get used to, but I must say, I'm looking forward to Spring weather again!

Anyone for some hail stones?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?