Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

A Working Man Again...

Yes, I joined the ranks of the Australian workforce last week and I am now in week two. First, I must apologize for letting so many days go by without a single post...I've been subtly reminded by some of you. I will definitely do better now that I'm back in front of a computer everyday.

Anyway, I started work with Fairfax last week and was thrown right into the deep-end with projects galore. No time to get my feet wet, but probably the best way to get a handle on everything after a very long vacation...

I thought you might like a glimpse of what I look out at every day...a little different than what I faced in New York! I'm working on both sides of Darling Harbour; these two pics show the view from my Fairfax Digital office; I'll try and take a photo from the other side of the Harbour next week when I'll be at my other desk (I haven't seen it yet, but I hear the views from there are good too). It was a cloudy day when I took this photo, much like today...rainy and cool here. I could actually see my breath this morning on my way to work. Speaking of which...my walk to work. It takes about 25 minutes, but most of the walk is picturesque....walking along the water and across the foot-bridge (not the Harbour Bridge...that's on the other side of the city). If I opted to take public transportation, well, let's just say it would probably take me 40 minutes. Public transportation in Sydney is pretty bad at best...not that I'm complaining, but I got a little spoiled in New York. Ahhh, New York. I hear it's 100 degrees there today...it was in the 40's & 50's here today. Trust me, I didn't know it got so cold here, otherwise I would have shipped my Autumn/Winter clothes here!

Well, that's about it for today...back to work. It's good to be back and I'll keep you posted (from time-to-time at least) on life Down Under!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?