Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

My Walk To Work

I just thought I'd give you a glimpse into what my walk is like to work every day. OK, it is a bit glamourized here because it is a beautiful day with not a cloud in the sky, but a glimpse nonetheless.
At a brisk pace, the walk, door-to-door is about 25 minutes...I walk down Oxford Street, to Hyde Park, down to the Convention Center, over the foot-bridge, past Darling Harbour and ultimately in Pyrmont where I'm sitting now. Yes, welcome back to the real-world; it is a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I'm in the office for a bit getting some work done. Truth be told, of course it doesn't look like this when I walk to work at 7:00 AM...the streets are empty, the sun is just coming up over the office buildings and at this time of the year, it is pretty chilly.
The Boat Show is going on over at the Convention Center, so the streets are filled with tourists, which I'm happy to report, I am no longer in that category now that I'm paying taxes.
I'll have to put another post up with some more pictures...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?