Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

Just Another Tourist...


Yes I live in Sydney, but today I was much like the Japanese tourists to my left and right at Archibald Fountain...camera in hand (not around the neck though), stopping strangers to take pictures for me.


I went to Hyde Park to take a few more pics of the outdoor photo exhibit....Diving Woman from the 1938 Empire Games (now called Commonwealth Games), Old & New, St. Mary's Cathedral from the 1800's and today in the background, and a photo of me with "The Duke," Duke Kahanamoku, the "Ambassador of Surfing" who introduced Sydney to surfing in 1915; he came here from Hawaii and had to cut his own board from local timber...
http://www.hawaiianswimboat.com/duke3.html
See, I'm learning the local history...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?