Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Wendell, Wendell Everywhere

Again, it wasn't me!

While "Wendell" was not the easiest name to grow up with in The States, it is definitely not a name you hear every day here in Australia; as a matter-of-fact, I think there are two of us, and unfortunately for me, the other is a one "Wendell Sailor," one of the most famous rugby players in Australia who is potentially being banned from the sport of rugby for drug use. (I'm using hyperlinks now so you can look things up easier...yes, I know, high-tech!). On the cover of all of the newspapers, and in the news every day, my name has a whole new meaning. Yes, at the sound of my first sniffle, I'm sure the jokes will ensue, as they are speculating that it was cocaine he was using. A headline the other day made me laugh..."Wendell Feels Hurt, Alone and Helpless" Hey, who are they talking about here, me or him???

Wendell Sailor

Wendell Williams (I can see why there might be some confusion...thanks Michael Hennessey for the portrait, painted in New York before I had the crazy idea of moving here to Australia. Michael is an amazing artist...don't judge him by this picture though...I didn't give him too much to work with!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?